Friday, October 26, 2007

Old Friends Come to Stay





About 40 years ago I taught John Bentley to drive. Soon afterwards we moved to East Anglia and lost touch. A year ago I got in touch once more but Pauline was not able to be with me. Therefore, this weekend was the first time Pauline had seen John & Carol. Carol and I knew each other some years before she married John.
However, they came to Anglesey, which they had not seen before and were surprised how beautiful it was. We had two days out. On the first we visited Beaumaris, Penmon and Black Point. They were impressed. The next day we drove the other way to see Trearddur Bay, South Stack and Trefadog. They were even more impressed. So we are looking forward to showing them even more next time they come.
It is a pleasure and a privilege to show people where we live. There are so many views to see and places to visit. As we looked out into the Irish Sea I spotted a beautiful sky and took a photograph of it. The large version I framed this week. Who says there is nothing to see on our island? Just get here and see for yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home